Friday, December 5, 2008

Week of December 5th (first day on the Job)

Here is what I'm all about. All my friends and family want to know: What it is like to work "behind the bars", with people that have dealt drugs, raped women, and even murdered multiple people. Working behind the bars is not easy, nor is it a normal 9 to 5 job. Everyday I am faced with something, or someone new. There is always a situation I have never come across before, and therefore have not been able to physically or mentally prepare for.

Here is my goal with this Blog: I want people to know What really happens behind bars, not just what the media releases, or what the tabloids post. No i will give you the real scoop, and at the end of every work week update you, my audience, with the newest, weirdest, unbelievable scenarios I was put through for that week. Also along the way I will drop in Stories of things that have happened to me, I have seen, or heard of while working in the county jail system.

So I Think I will start you off with the first situation I was put in, on the very first day on the job.

Story # 1: Get Your @ss in Here or Get the F#%k Out!!!

It was my first day on the job, I was 8 hours through my day, only 8 more to go. I had spent my first 8 hours lost and wondering what I had gotten myself into. I had worked 8 hours with some of the most hardcore killers, robbers and drug dealers alive in the county. My head was spinning when my first 8 hours was over, and i was then informed i was "drafted" to work an additional 8 hours.

I was not mad, I figured I could use the extra money, I just wish they could have told me more than 5 minutes before I was about to go home. They informed me I would be working in the phych portion of the jail where all the inmates "supposedly" had phych issues and all sorts of mental and emotional problems.
So I went up to the floor where I would be working, and introduced myself to the 4 other people I would work with that night (they didn't seem happy they were going to be stuck with the new guy).

I had just sat down my lunch bag and water (which i dint even have time to touch all day) when I heard a loud sound from the other side of the floor. I ran over there not knowing what happened, and saw 3 of my partners inside a module all standing around an inmate. As i approached i noticed this inmate (approx. male, 6'2" 230 lbs. white , long hair, very long mustache and beard) was handcuffed to a bench in the day room area, and his face was bright red on one side.

I instantly realized that sound I heard was this man getting slapped across the face, now noticing that the red mark was the shape of a hand. My partners then delivered multiple punches to this mans rib and kidney area, and continued to slap his face asking him "who's the b-itch? huh? I cant hear you"

The man was trying to protect himself but against 6 fist heading his way and six knees flying toward him, he was no match.

Soon this man fell to the floor and they UN handcuffed him and drug him by his hair and beard into one of the cells. At this time one person grabbed his arms behind his back into a wrist lock, another grabbed a foot and twisted it into an ankle lock and the other partner of mine (female) went behind this mans head (who was laying on the ground on his stomach), and grabbed directly in front of each ear a hand full of his beard, placed her boot on the back of his head and pulled upward as hard as she could on his beard.

She immediately looked my direction as I looked on in disbelief and said, and I'll never forget these words "Get your @ss in here or get the f$%k out!!!" I came over not knowing any better and got down to one knee and grabbed his other leg and just held it down to the ground.

We were there for about 2 more minutes with the man yelling at him and throwing knees to his sides. As soon as we took all his clothes and mattress and blanket from him we left the cell.

All three of them took me over into a corner where no one could hear us and said to me "you need to decide today whether you want to be here or not, you either need to get your @ss in, or get the f**k out of county, cuz this is what it's all about. If someone raped and strangled your mother and little sister, wouldn't you hope that person got whats coming to him once he got to jail?"

Those pictures of that's mans pain and suffering from what I had just helped do to him kept running through my mind. Then someone said to me "think of the suffering that little girl is going to go through for the rest of her life because of what that same man did to her, who do you think is hurting worse right now, that man or that little 7 year old girl who cant even comprehend what happened to her?"

And I have to say at that moment it all came together, I don't think what we did was right, I don't like what we did, I don't know if I would do the same thing again, but what I do know is if that was my mom or sister, or friend, or family member, I know I would be wishing he got exactly what came to him that night.

1 comment:

lzrdlady@hotmail.com said...

I think that these stories of whats going on inside/out are very helpful as to whats going on an how the police are there for us.